The Digital Age has brought us limitless possibilities for marketing. How can marketers get a grip on increasingly complex SEO algorithms to rank their website higher? Are there any tools that help identify customer’s interests? I have good news! With a reliable B2B martech stack, you can build an effective marketing strategy for any enterprise.
This article sheds some light on the marketing technology stack. Moreover, I will tell you about the best B2B marketing tools that can help you promote your site and get ahead of the competition.
Table of Contents
What is a Marketing Tech Stack?
A right toolset can enhance marketing efforts across multiple channels in B2B (business-to-business) relationships. The term “marketing technology stack” (or martech stack for short) refers to technology-based services and tools that facilitate marketing processes.
B2B martech stack can help you streamline extensive collaborations, analyze your campaign’s performance, and automate crucial processes. However, picking the right instruments won’t be easy. Especially considering the vast number of B2B Internet marketing tools.
Below, you’ll find over 50 software tools and services that can significantly improve your marketing efforts.
Best B2B Marketing Tools
An excellent B2B marketing tech stack is what separates a good marketer from a great one. But how do you choose the right B2B marketing software, given how many tools there are online?
To help you build the best B2B martech stack, I have grouped all tools and services into categories.
Let’s start with advertising applications. Here’s what software I recommend using to automate ad revenue:
- Google Ads. The most popular marketing tool for B2B businesses, entrepreneurs, and bloggers. Google’s service uses advanced algorithms to show your ads to interested users. Simply put, Google Ads is “baby’s first step” into Internet marketing.
- AdRoll. A massive platform with more than 500 ad exchange places, including social media networks. AdRoll’s marketing platform helps you achieve full control over the customer journey. It can identify your visitors and advertise your brand on other sites they visit after leaving your page.
Analytics & Insight
These B2B marketing tools will help you understand and analyze your website’s performance using various metrics (traffic, engagement, conversions, and others).
- Google Analytics. A free must-have B2B inbound marketing software that allows you to measure your platform’s performance.
- Google Search Console (GSC). Do you find Google Analytics functionality too limited? GSC will help you perform an in-depth performance audit and fix technical issues to improve your website’s visibility.
- Databox. Excellent service for larger enterprises that allows viewing metrics from different platforms in one unified dashboard. Databox supports key performance indicators (KPI) visualization with multiple dashboard options.
- Answer the Public. This unique tool can help you create relevant and useful content for your website. Enter a keyword and Answer the Public will show frequently asked questions and popular phrases around it.
- MAXG. An AI-powered service that provides insight into the effectiveness of your blog posts, email campaigns, landing pages, and other content. Using this marketing automation software, B2B marketers can quickly analyze various metrics and data to choose the most effective strategy.
Content Management System (CMS)
Any marketer benefits from the integration between marketing software and other systems. With a good CMS in your B2B martech stack, you can make quick adjustments, optimize content, and seamlessly integrate software into your website.
- HubSpot. An advanced service that allows you to create and manage personalized content. HubSpot has a plethora of predesigned templates, A/B testing functionality, and a full-scale developer platform. Furthermore, this tool works with most online forms, database management apps, and email lists.
- WordPress.org. The most popular CMS with a large pool of supporters around the globe. WordPress.org (do not confuse with a simplified WordPress.com) offers tons of plugins, themes, and add-ons. This platform can help you deliver and manage content without being tech-savvy. At the same time, WordPress is so popular that you won’t have a problem hiring a professional for help.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
CRM software is used to centralize communication between you and your clients. It can help you maintain, organize, and update leads about progress, offers, and other important information.
- Gantt Pro. This CRM tool unifies all your team, clients, and projects into one dashboard to help you retain leads.
- Wrike. Having this tool in a B2B martech stack helps to notify customers about important updates, deals, and project’s progress.
- Zapier. An excellent solution that sees when someone mentions you on social media networks and blogs. Afterward, Zapier automatically notifies you about potential prospects. It’s safe to say that this automation software will be an excellent lead-hunting addition to your B2B marketing toolset.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
As a website owner or an SEO expert, you’d want to know how to reach a wider audience and improve conversions. Here are some services that will prove useful in marketing tech stack for startups and larger businesses.
- Hotjar. Analytics software and user feedback gathering tools unified into a single platform. Hotjar shows the most popular sections of your website, their clicks, and even scrolling behavior.
- Optimizely. Do you like to experiment with the design? Optimizely allows users to create different versions of a website without any coding. That way, you can see how clients react to these versions and find the most engaging (and profitable) design.
No campaign is completely effective without strong email marketing. Let’s look at some tools that can help you with that.
- Autopilot. A B2B email marketing software that automates repetitive tasks, such as sending introductory letters and email drip campaigns. Autopilot integrates into various apps and services (for instance, Google Adwords and Facebook)
- ConvertKit. This affordable tool can help bloggers and SMBs grow their userbase and turn visitors into customers. Convertkit stocks enough utilities to be considered one of the most helpful B2B email marketing tools out there.
- GetResponse. An all-in-one email marketing solution that allows you to send newsletters, surveys, drip campaigns, and automate follow-up letters. Getresponse takes place among the most accessible B2B email marketing tools for tech startups and SMBs.
Experience Optimization (EXO)
These tools can acquire valuable data for user experience optimization and conversions growth. In other words, EXO tools allow marketers to understand their customers better. Consequently, they are a must-have for any expert’s B2B martech stack.
- Lucky Orange. This tool records your website’s visitors’ actions from the moment they got on the home page. You’ll know where they come from, how did they found you, and what they did before leaving. As a result, you’ll get an idea of what stops visitors from converting.
- SurveyMonkey. An online survey is an accurate way to learn more about your audience. SurveyMonkey is a great addition to your mar-tech stack, digital marketing, and SMM software.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Now, let’s look at tools that can help you streamline marketing efforts in social media.
- Buffer. Advanced B2B marketing automation software for social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Buffer allows you to schedule automatic post-sharing and analyze how the community engages with your content.
- CoSchedule. This application will help you organize SMM plans and automate content delivery. CoSchedule is an excellent addition to your B2B martech stack if you want to maintain full social media engagement.
- Lempod. The biggest LinkedIn engagement pods marketplace on the web. Lempod is where content creators meet to like and comment on each other’s LinkedIn pods. As a result, you will improve your reach, attract a wider audience, and generate more leads.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator. A helpful LinkedIn B2B marketing tool that allows you to discover and nurture sales leads more efficiently. LinkedIn Sales Navigator has plans for individuals and marketing teams. I recommend that you try a one-month free trial to see what this tool has to offer.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO tools are the most cost-effective means to get your website higher in a search engine ranking position and, consequently, improve your reach. I am talking about such tools as:
- Moz. This tool is often seen in the B2B marketing tech stack and for a good reason. It offers useful features such as keywords trackers and backlink analysis. Besides, Moz lets you perform an in-depth website audit.
- AnswerThePublic. A tool that helps you find out what questions containing your keyword people are asking.
- SEMrush. One of the most used marketing tools B2B companies rely on for SEO. It can perform exhaustive technical SEO and analyze competitor’s websites. Moreover, SEMrush can help you create an excellent keyword and backlink strategy.
- Screaming Frog. A professional marketing agency that offers a wide variety of services for your B2B martech stack. Their advanced SEO Spider can help you drive more traffic to your website. You can also make use of their SEM, PPC, SMM, and link-building tools.
- Ubersuggest. A straightforward tool that allows you to discover popular organic keyword phrases and analyze competitor’s SEO practices.
- Backlinko. Need to up your marketing game? Backlinko is the go-to resource for learning actionable steps to improve SEO and link building strategies.
Do you need to find independent professionals for marketing efforts? Good news: there’s an unlimited talent pool waiting for you online. However, finding the right person (or team) for the job is up to you. Here are the best platforms to help you with that:
- Upwork. The leading marketplace for businesses and freelancers. Finding the right talent (or client) on Upwork might take some time. Nonetheless, no other platform gives so many options.
- Freelancer. Just as Upwork, Freelancer is a hiring platform with a vast pool of global talent. Chose from hundreds of work categories and millions of freelancers to get your project going.
- Fiverr. An excellent platform that introduced many businesses and professionals to each other. Fiverr advanced filters and tools will help you find the right contractor for your project based on experience and pay rate.
Do you want to grab visitor’s attention with distinctive designs? Here’s what you need in your stack:
- Canva. Most popular graphic design software in the world and the best tool to make social media creative or presentation in minutes.
- Adobe CreativeSuite. An immensely useful bundle of B2B digital marketing tools. This suite packs industry-leading solutions for design, photography, and online marketing. Adobe CreativeSuite is mandatory for freelancers and marketing agencies due to its versatility and reasonably-priced subscription.
- Creative Market. An immense marketplace for designers. It features hundreds of professionally made display fonts, templates, product mockups, logos, photos, and graphics. Creative Market offers myriads of ways to you enhance your designs, content, and website.
- Envato Elements. This service features tons of content for marketers and designers. Graphic & video templates, music, fonts, photos – Envato Elements has everything to bring your designs to life.
- Penji. A large platform for hiring designers to create custom projects. For a small monthly subscription, you will get high-quality content fast with an unlimited number of revisions.
- InVision. A full-scale Design System Management (DSM) and screen design software. InVision offers free and premium versions. But I recommend going for a free trial to see what the premium plan has to offer.
- Wistia. A complex video marketing tool for creating attention-grabbing ads. Wistia comes equipped with tools to improve your SEO, lead retention, and marketing automation integrations.
- Soapbox. A straightforward video creation software from Wistia. Soapbox allows you to drive more traffic to your website by producing easy-to-make talking-head style videos.
- Vidyard. Want to share your video content across the team? Vidyard can record custom videos and add them to emails and websites effortlessly. Moreover, you can see who watched your content and for how long.
Want to get the most out of your landing pages? Let’s look at landing page building software that can help you convert more leads into regular customers.
- Leadpages. One of the best marketing tools for small tech businesses. The simple and user-intuitive interface will help you create excellent professional-looking landing pages and websites.
- Unbounce. A feature-rich landing page building software that’s suitable for beginners and tech-savvy designers. Unbounce stocks such features as dynamic text replacement, A/B testing, and overlay CTAs. You should at least go for a free trial, given how much time it can save and how much it improves B2B marketing for software companies.
It’s crucial to maintain a connection in digital marketing. With these tools, you’ll always be in touch with the rest of your team.
- Livechat. Exceptionally reliable communication software for B2B marketing teams. Livechat differs from other similar apps by its sales-oriented features. For example, this service supports custom forms and B2B marketing automation software (like AI chatbots).
- Krisp. No one wants background noise to distract participants during a conference. Krisp desktop and mobile apps clean incoming and outgoing audio to ensure crystal clear conversations.
- Zoom. One of the leading cloud platforms for video and audio conferencing. It also supports messaging, screen sharing, and other robust features.
- Slack. Arguably the best communication platform for larger workplaces and teams. Slack has multiple useful features to streamline collaboration for B2B marketing teams. You can access this messenger from the browser, as well as desktop or mobile device.
Some B2B marketing tools are tough to categorize. Therefore, I’m going to list other useful apps that don’t fit into previous sections.
- Asana. This tool allows you to plan your projects, assign tasks, and manage your team’s files in one unified space.
- Basecamp. Do you want to transition your marketing team to a remote work model? Basecamp is one of the most useful B2B online marketing tools that puts all important tasks, spreadsheets, chats, and files into one space. Consequently, you will see who’s working on what and understand what steps to take next.
- Confluence. Cloud service for organizing work in your marketing team. Confluence comes with a set of templates to maximize consistency across all projects.
- JIRA. A great B2B content marketing software for planning, managing, and prioritizing tasks across your team. JIRA be a great addition to your tech stack marketing toolset.
Digital marketing is moving towards a more personalized and data-driven approach. Keep pace with the times and upgrade your B2B martech stack with an efficient marketing toolset.
Do you have any questions? Please, be sure to share your thoughts and favorite B2B marketing tools in the comment section.